Rendering Fundamentals Deep Dive - Peter Sikachev - 29 janvier 2024 - Lyon
Training created on 4/4/23.Last update on 10/31/23.
Program version: 1
We all love the flashy side of rendering: from cutting-edge tech presented at GDC to the frontier of science presented in SIGGRAPH Tech Papers. However, we often overlook the nitty-and-gritty part of rendering: understanding the basics, like mipmapping, projection transformation, or the depth test. This Master Class from Peter, ex Rockstar and CD Projekt, will focus on the latest.
Objectives of the training
- Revisit the core rendering concepts in-depth
- Explore how understanding them could help you with real-life tasks.
Profile of beneficiaries
- Graphic Programmers
- Technical artists
- Understanding rendering fundamentals
- Shader language (GLSL/HLSL/whatever) experience
- Relevant math knowledge
Depth pipeline and EarlyZ
How mipmapping works and when do we need to compute them manually
Perspective projection and inverse Z Practical z-fighting example in ShaderToy
Math for normal map generation
Quaternions instead of matrices and TBN
Particle spinning at a constant rate around an arbitrary axis
Peter Sikachev has been working on game graphics for over a decade. Before joining Virtuos, he had worked at Rockstar Toronto, Eidos Montreal, CD Projekt Red, and People Can Fly. Peter has contributed to such titles as Red Dead Redemption 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Cyberpunk 2077, and many others. He is also the author of multiple publications on game rendering, most notably 5 talks at SIGGRAPH and several book chapters in the GPU Pro/GPU Zen books series. Peter is currently a Rendering Lead at a newly formed Warsaw Virtuos Labs studio, assembling a new team to work on the advanced rendering technology for the best AAA titles.
- Feuilles de présence.
- Questions orales ou écrites (QCM).
- Mises en situation.
- Formulaires d'évaluation de la formation.
- Accueil des apprenants dans une salle dédiée à la formation.
- Documents supports de formation projetés.
- Exposés théoriques
- Etude de cas concrets
- Quiz en salle
- Mise à disposition en ligne de documents supports à la suite de la formation.
Quality and satisfaction
- Délivrance d'une attestation